스피킹 챌린지 II - Unit 10. Beach ( exciting vs excited )

Dialogue #1

Did you check the weather?

Yeah, it's going to be sunny all day. I can't wait.

I've been excited all week. I was so bored at home. / 사람이 주어인 경우 + ed
(have be+pp: 흥분된 상태)        (be+pp: 지루한 상태, 형용사)

Me, too. I thought winter was relaxing, but I really want to surf. / 사물이 주어인 경우 + ing
                                   
I'm going to just relax and maybe throw a fooball around.

I hope everyone has a good time.

* I think it's going to rain today. / rain 동사

   It's going to be a rainy day today. / a rainy day 명사
   It's going to be hot and humid.
   It's going to be foggy this weekend. / foggy(안개 낀)


Dialogue #2

Look at the waves!

The weather is perfect, and the beach isn't too crowded.

Yeah, let's set up right over there.

I'll do that, and why don't you get the beach umbrellas?

Okay, Can you also call the others to make sure they're not lost?

Sure thing.
당연하지

* This pasta is perfect, and the restaurant isn't too crowded.
   This wine is perfect, and the bar isn't too crowded.
   This dress is beautiful, and it isn't too expensive.


Language Focus

Doing & done

현재분사(exciting?) or 과거분사(excited?) : 형용사 역할을 하며 명사 설명 보충

He is exciting.             I'm excited.

- ing(능동)         vs      -ed(수동): 개인적인 감정 느낌

boring                          bored        / 지루한
He is boring.                I'm bored.

annoying                      annoyed  / 짜증나
He is annoying.            I'm annoyed.

interesting                    interested
He is interesting.          I'm interested.

tiring                            tired
He is tiring.                  I'm tired.

disappointing               disappointed
It is disappointing.       I'm disappointed.

* a woman

a beautiful woman

a working woman
an excited woman 흥분한 신난 여성
an exhausted woman


Key sentences

    Are you terrified of ~?
1. They are terrified of the story. / spiders. / death.
    그들은 그 이야기에 겁먹은 상태이다.

2. The guy was fascinating when I talked to him. / I had a date with him. / I had a drink with him.
    그 남자 매력적이었다. 내가 그에게 말했을 때

    I'm fascinated by him.
    나 그에게 매료되었어.

3. The kids were very interested / in learing more about the dinosaurs.
    그 아이들은 공룡들에 대해서 더 배우는것에 매우 흥미 있어했다.

     What are you interested in?
     I'm interested in him / listening to music.

4. Were you disappointed by your test result? / his appearance? / his look? / his rude attitude?
     너 시험 결과에 실망했어?
    Yes I was. / No I wasn't at all.

5. Was the ending of the story not surprising? / the ending of the novel / the movie / the book
                           it
    그 이야기의 결말이 놀랍지 않았니?

    Yes it was. / No it wasn't at all.


Summary

Common Expressions

The waves are calm. 파도가 잔잔하다.

The waves are picking up. 파도가 세지고 있다.

They are going to get a tan. 그들은 선택을 할거야.

People trashed the beach. 사람들이 해변에 쓰레기를 버렸다.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

영어 의문문의 완벽정리

영어공부 혼자하기, 추천사이트 20선