스피킹 챌린지 II - Unit 16. Flight ( can : ability, request and permission)

Dialogue #1

I would like to check in for my flight, please.

Okay, sir. May I have your passport and confirmation number, please?

Sure, Here's my passport and my e-ticket.

Thank you. Are you checking in any bags?

Yes, I have two bags.

Just put them right here, and I'll weigh them.


Dialogue #2

Hello, pardon me. Could you get me a pillow, please? / pillow(베개)

Of course, sir. I'll get one for you right away.

Thank you, and I was also wondering when the meal will be served.

The meal will be coming out shortly. Remember to stay seated when it does come out.

Okay, one last thing. May I have some water as well?

Sure. I'll get you the pillow and water as soon as I can. / immediately.


Language Focus

Can의 Abilities, Request and Permission

1. Now I can drive. (Abilities)

2. So, can you give me a hand? (Request)

3. A: Can I use your car just for an hour? (Permission)

    B: I'am afraid you can't.


Key Sentences

1. I can't eat spicy food very well.
나 매운 음식 잘 먹지 못해.

2. I couldn't drink alcohol until I was 21 years old.
내가 21살 때까지 술을 마실 수 없었어.

3. Could you help me move to my new place? / help me + 동사원형
                                   work on my final paper?
너 내 새집으로 이사하는거 도와줄 수 있어?

4. Can I take a day off tomorrow?
내일 하루 쉴 수 있을까요?

5. Can you pick me up this afternoon (at 장소)?
너 오늘 오후에 나를 픽업할 수 있어?


Summary

Key Expressions

Have you ever wondered?
생각해(궁금해) 본적 있니?


Common Expressions

I'd like a window seat, please.
창가 쪽으로 주세요.

Which gate should I go to?
어느 게이트로 가야 하나요?

They were cracking down at security.
검문소에서 엄격한 검사를 하고 있었다.

My flight was canceled/delayed.
나 항공편이 취소/연기되었다.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

영어 의문문의 완벽정리

영어공부 혼자하기, 추천사이트 20선