스피킹 챌린지 II - Unit 19. Concert ( Let's, why don't you / we, how about / what about, should ) - Suggestions

Dialogue #1

Hey Sarah, I want to go to the rock concert next month,
but I don't know how to buy the tickets.
What should I do?

Hmmm.. You should try going to ticketdeal.com.
I usually buy my tickets there.

Oh, I use that website, too.
But, this event wasn't listed.

Well, I'm thinking of going to the concert as well, and
the concert hall is not far from the campus.
Why don't we go there together later tonight?

That sounds like a great idea.

Okay, let's meet at the clock tower around 7 o'clock tonight.


Dialogue #2

There's so many people here! I can't believe this!

Yeah, this is pretty exciting. Let's get to our seats. / 우리 자리로 가자.

We should wait for the others first. I don't want them get lost.
Also, we need to get snacks as well.

How about I get the snacks, and you can call the others to see where they are.

Okay. I'll give you a call when they get here.

Sounds good. I'll be right back.


Let's go out to lunch a little early? / Let's go out a little early for lunch?
Why don't we go out to lunch a little early?
How about going out to lunch a little early?


Language Focus

Suggestions

STRONG    1. Have to / You have to do that.

                    2. Should / You should do that.

                    3. Why don't you / Why don't you do that?

MELLOW  4. How about / What about / How/What about doing that?


Key Sentences

1. He should see a doctor. / go to see a doctor.
    그는 병원에 가봐야 해.

2. Should I stop smoking? / stop seeing him?
    나 담배 끊어야 해?
    You shouldn't. 그러지 마.

3. Shoudn't we talk to the others before we decide? / Shouldn't we ask them before ~
   우리 결정하기 전에 애들과 얘기해야 하는거 아냐?
    We don't have to.
    그럴 필요 없어.
    What should we do? / What do we have to do?
    그럼 우리 어떻게 해야 하는데?

4. Why don't you try going on a diet? /
    너 다이어트 해보는거 어때?

5. Why don't we stop by (his place/his office/convenience store) later?
    우리 이따가 잠깐 들리는거 어떨까?


Summary

Common Expressions

I love singing along with the singer.
나는 가수를 따라 노래 부르는 것을 좋아한다.

I know all the lyrics.
나는 그 가사를 모두 안다.

Can you put the tickets on hold?
그 티켓을 보류할 수 있나요?

We were the first in line.
우리는 줄 맨 앞에 서 있었다.

The concert was so unforgettable.
그것은 매우 잊지 못할 콘서트였다.

This was a once-in-a-lifetime event.
이것은 평생 단 한 번뿐인 사건이었다.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

영어 의문문의 완벽정리

영어공부 혼자하기, 추천사이트 20선